In celebration of National Sunglasses Day June 27th, we’re sharing all the facts you need to know about your sunglasses as a health necessity. Take a look at this infographic from The Vision Council, you’ll learn fast facts about how important your sunglasses are for preventing vision loss and eye diseases.More
Don’t miss the biggest sale of the year at eye2eye! You’ll save 50% off ALL frames + sunglasses, cannot be combined with insurance or other offers, excludes Maui Jim eyewear.
Thursday June 21st 5pm-7pm
Hilltop & Del Ray locations
Summer fun has arrived – that means swimming, hiking and other outdoor fun! Keeping your eyes safe during summer activities is easy with Dr. A’s simple tips. Got bug spray in your eye? Not sure if your sunglasses are protecting you properly? Read on for answers.
- Be careful when spraying bug spray. If bug spray gets in your eyes, be sure to flush them completely with water and call your eye doctor right away.
- Always wear sunglasses that have 100% UVA & UVB protection, we’ll be covering this topic more in the coming weeks. If you aren’t sure if your sunglasses offer 100% protection, stop in and we’ll test them for free.
- Wear sunscreen around the eye area to protect your eyelids from burning. Also, wear sunglasses!
- Chlorine from swimming pools can cause a chemical burn in your eyes. Use preservative free artificial tears to flush out your eyes after exposure, and be sure to rinse off after pool time.
- Contact lens wearers should be especially careful not to open their eyes underwater in a pool or other water area. River & lake water carry a variety of microorganisms, the most damaging called acanthamoeba. This organism has the ability to attach to your contact lens and as a result cause the cornea to become infected. Scarring can occur if the eye is not treated.
Have a safe and FUN summer by following Dr. A’s summer eye safety tips!
It’s time for eye2eye’s annual summer sale! This is the perfect opportunity to save on your favorite frames. Here’s the skinny on the sale:
When: Thursday June 21st 5pm-7pm
Where: eye2eye Hilltop & Del Ray locations
What: Save 50% off ALL frames (glasses and sunglasses)*
Who: Everybody can save!
*Restrictions do apply, offer cannot be combined with insurance benefits or any other offer, excludes Maui Jim eyewear.
Stay tuned for details!More
Can you believe Memorial Day is almost here? That means summer fun has arrived – splashing in pools, sand castles at the beach, hikes, bikes and more! There is no better time than now to make sure your kiddos have proper UV protection for all their summer activities.
We carry a great selection of sunglasses for your little ones – and your teens too!
Because Ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun can potentially cause multiple age-related eye problems like cataracts and macular degeneration, protecting your kids eyes is vital to their long term eye health. The more exposure to the sun’s harmful UV rays during your lifetime, the more at risk you are to develop sight-threatening conditions.
Since children tend to spend lots of time outdoors, especially in the harsh summer sun – some experts say nearly half of a person’s lifetime exposure to ultraviolet radiation can take place by age 18. Children are also more susceptible to retinal damage from UV rays because the lens inside a child’s eye is clearer than an adult lens, enabling more UV to penetrate deep into the eye (source).
Here are 5 important things to consider when purchasing sunglasses for your children:
1. Be sure the lenses are impact resistant & the frames made of “unbreakable” material.
2. Pick a large, close-fitting frame. These are best to help protect children’s eyes during play.
3. It is most important that your child wear sunglasses between 10am-2pm, when the suns rays are the strongest.
4. Beware of cheap sunglasses. They can pose safety hazards when made of cheap materials and low quality paints.
5. Know the percentage of UVA & UVB rays being block by the sun – be wary of the phrase “blocks UV rays”. You want a lens that blocks out 100% of UVA & UVB rays.
All of our children’s sunglasses here at eye2eye are high quality and block 100% of UVA & UVB rays. Bring your kiddos in today for a sunglass fitting and let us help you make sure their vision is healthy for years to come!
Dr. Adamopoulos sat down and shared five important things you need to know about the sun and your eyes this summer.
Catch her UV safety tips, how to prevent skin cancer and how to keep the kids safe from the sun below. These tips will help your have a healthy, happy and fun summer.
During the month of March we celebrate Save Your Vision Month, held every year since 1927.
Our commitment at eye2eye is to care for your vision so you can savor the most important moments in life, big and small.
Join us over the next couple of weeks as we share the most important steps you can take to care for your vision and help protect it for years to come.
To read the first post in our Save Your Vision series, click here.
Save Your Vision Series:
1. Comprehensive Eye Exams
3. Dry EyeMore
In celebration of the last day of Fashion Week in New York, we pulled together our favorite trends for sunglasses in 2018. We’re seeing lots of bold shapes and colors, pushing the envelope on more traditional styles. In contrast, we do see lots of classic shapes making a comeback, like round sunglasses and wire frame eyewear. Keep scrolling to see our top 4 trends in sunglasses this year.
Rose gold, gold, millenial pink – we’re seeing it all. See the world through rose colored glasses with perfectly tinted frames.
Highly Reflective Lenses
Our Tom Ford sunglasses feature uber reflective lenses but look so chic on.
Bold Colors + Geometric
We love these frames from Prada, they feature bold color choices and design.
We’re loving the bold structures we’re seeing in sunglasses this year. They make a statement.
Love what you see? Come see us at our Hilltop or Del Ray locations and our expert opticians will get you outfitted in the season’s latest styles.More
The Alexandria Boutique Warehouse Sale is this Saturday 2/3 from 9am-4pm at the Alexandria Westin. The best boutiques in Alexandria will be there for the biggest shopping event of the season, to see a full list of all the shops in attendance click here. We’ll have the latest styles in sunglasses from all of your favorite designer brands, so come early and shop often.
There will be yoga and pilates classes in the morning by Mind The Mat, a braid and glitter bar, and a Valentine’s Day DIY by AR Workshop!
This sale draws a lot of folks, so we’ve compiled a list of tried and true tips to help you get the most out of the sale.
- Can I use my FSA or HSA to purchase sunglasses? YES! You absolutely can, and we can even provide a receipt for you.
- Are the sunglasses several seasons old? Nope! These are spring season sunglasses that were just released – you’re getting the newest styles from your favorite designer brands like Prada, Gucci, Kate Spade, Tom Ford, Face a Face, Jimmy Choo and more.
- What time does the sale start? 9am sharp! But we suggest lining up early so that you can get the good stuff. There is great inventory available all day long & the crowd is controlled at the door – so it’s never too many people & stays an enjoyable shopping experience.
- What other stores are participating? All of your favorite Alexandria boutiques – you can click here to get a full list.
- Where can we park? Parking is available at the Westin, in the The United States Patent and Trademark Office West garage at 550 Elizabeth Lane, Alexandria, Virginia
(Open at 24 hours/Rate $5)
Catch the FREE shuttle from King Street Metro.
Limited street parking available.
- Can I try on clothes and sunglasses? YES! If you plan to try on clothing, we suggest wearing leggings and a tight fitting top so you can just slip clothes on and off over them and not have to go full monty. You’ll absolutely be able to try on sunglasses and we’ll have mirrors available so you can see how fab you look.
Now, onto the good stuff. Below are a few of our favorite sunglasses we’ll have at the sale. Seriously we’ll have every. Single. Designer. Brand. You could ever dream of shopping.More
We are so excited to welcome Dr. Deepika Garg to the eye2eye team! Dr. Garg brings with her impressive credentials from Indiana University Bloomington and an enthusiasm for eye care that is a perfect fit for eye2eye and our patients.
“Eye care for me is much more than just work. Getting the opportunity to enhance and maintain people’s quality of life via their vision and eye health is something that I live for. I’m thrilled that eye2eye has given me this opportunity so that I can serve this wonderful community and build lasting friendships with my patients and with the amazing staff!”
We are thrilled to have her on our team and we think you will love her too.
To book an appointment with Dr. Garg, click here.
To learn more about Dr. Garg, read her full bio here.More