Dr. Scranton Celebrates One Year with Eye2eye
We're celebrating Dr. Scranton's one year anniversary with eye2eye! He's been a critical part of our team as we continue to grow and we could not be happier to have him as a part of the eye2eye family. To celebrate one year with Dr. Scranton, we sat down and chatted about why he loves working at eye2eye and what he does when he's not on the job. 1. What is your favorite part of your job? Hands down, helping our patients see the world more clearly, more comfortable, and for the rest of their lives.
2. What do you think sets eye2eye apart? The modern twist on "mom and pop" optometry. We offer personalized state of the art care without being that stuffy sterile doctor's office or assembly line eyeball factory. I try to meet all my patients with a smile and thru directed questioning, examination and often my distinctive laugh address their visual needs. Then it's off to "lets go shopping" where our talented opticians guide you in the selection of eye wear that flatters and full-fills our visual "game plan".
3. What is your experience in the eye care/optometry field? What training did you receive for your position? What is your area of specialty? It always cracks me up when the adult in my chair was born on the same month and year that I graduated form Optometry school! I've seen Optometry change a lot over the close to 3 decades of practice. But, it all comes down to the same goal; providing the patient with clear, comfortable, and healthy vision. Having lived and working in several different communities, I've picked up skills and instincts I didn't possess as a young OD. I still try to attend continuing education as often as possible and always come out with a new tidbit of knowledge. While I consider myself a "general" practitioner, I've developed skills in the treatment of most "red eye" issues and the "art and science" of contact lens fittings.
4. What is your favorite style or brand of eyewear? I tend to gravitate towards the adage of "form follows function" when selecting frames and don't get stuck on "brand" per say. A quality frame that feels good, looks attractive, and functions well can make you feel like a million bucks!
5. What do you do when you are not working, what kind of hobbies do you have? Because my profession has me in a little room a lot; I like to get out walking when possible. Normally my destination is a restaurant!
6. You're stranded on a deserted island, what book or album could you read or listen to forever? Really, anything by Sinatra, Streisand, or Bacharach! If you don't know what I'm taking about you are missing out.