In celebration of National Sunglasses Day June 27th, we’re sharing all the facts you need to know about your sunglasses as a health necessity. Take a look at this infographic from The Vision Council, you’ll learn fast facts about how important your sunglasses are for preventing vision loss and eye diseases.More
Don’t miss the biggest sale of the year at eye2eye! You’ll save 50% off ALL frames + sunglasses, cannot be combined with insurance or other offers, excludes Maui Jim eyewear.
Thursday June 21st 5pm-7pm
Hilltop & Del Ray locations
Summer fun has arrived – that means swimming, hiking and other outdoor fun! Keeping your eyes safe during summer activities is easy with Dr. A’s simple tips. Got bug spray in your eye? Not sure if your sunglasses are protecting you properly? Read on for answers.
- Be careful when spraying bug spray. If bug spray gets in your eyes, be sure to flush them completely with water and call your eye doctor right away.
- Always wear sunglasses that have 100% UVA & UVB protection, we’ll be covering this topic more in the coming weeks. If you aren’t sure if your sunglasses offer 100% protection, stop in and we’ll test them for free.
- Wear sunscreen around the eye area to protect your eyelids from burning. Also, wear sunglasses!
- Chlorine from swimming pools can cause a chemical burn in your eyes. Use preservative free artificial tears to flush out your eyes after exposure, and be sure to rinse off after pool time.
- Contact lens wearers should be especially careful not to open their eyes underwater in a pool or other water area. River & lake water carry a variety of microorganisms, the most damaging called acanthamoeba. This organism has the ability to attach to your contact lens and as a result cause the cornea to become infected. Scarring can occur if the eye is not treated.
Have a safe and FUN summer by following Dr. A’s summer eye safety tips!
We’re celebrating Pride month at eye2eye and we’re proud to support and serve the LGBTQ community.More
It’s time for eye2eye’s annual summer sale! This is the perfect opportunity to save on your favorite frames. Here’s the skinny on the sale:
When: Thursday June 21st 5pm-7pm
Where: eye2eye Hilltop & Del Ray locations
What: Save 50% off ALL frames (glasses and sunglasses)*
Who: Everybody can save!
*Restrictions do apply, offer cannot be combined with insurance benefits or any other offer, excludes Maui Jim eyewear.
Stay tuned for details!More