Join us Saturday, November 29th from 9am-1pm for our sunglasses sale event! You won’t want to miss this one day only sale. Take $75 off ALL sunglasses! Including brands like Ray-Ban, Kate Spade, Prada, Carrera, Tory Burch & so many more!
Here is a little sneak peek of just some of the frames we have in stock for this sale.
In this week’s edition of Your eye2eye, meet our patient care and insurance coordinator, Mellanie! Mellanie makes sure your experience at eye2eye runs as smoothly as possible and that you get the best possible care. In Mellanie’s Q&A learn what makes her love her job!
1. What is your favorite part of your job? The “behind the scenes” work, that makes the office run smoothly.
2. What do you think sets eye2eye apart? The small-town feel of the neighborhood reflects in our office, and that is my favorite part.
3. What is your experience in the eye care/optometry field? I have ten years of experience working in this industry.
4. What is your favorite style/brand/frame? My current favorite frame is a cat eye frame from Bevel.
5. Hobbies? What do you do when you are not working? I enjoy entertaining, hanging out with friends and family.
Book an appointment with us today and let Mellanie and the rest of our staff take care of your optical needs. To learn more about what makes us an independent optical boutique, read more posts in our Your eye2eye series.
In this week’s brand spotlight – we turn our attention to Face a Face. A French eyewear company in the cutting edge of optical design.
In 1995, Nadine Roth and Pascal Jaulent dreamt of shaking up an industry then dominated by the retro style. They chose to create a company based on modernity and creativity without compromise.They launched a unique, high end eyewear collection made in France.
Pascal Jaulent, President and Art Director
Pascal has a passion for human and social issues and for ethnology and his dream was to become a urban planner. His studies at the Ecole Supérieure de Commerce de Paris (Paris Management School) led him to first join the financial departments of large companies (Nestlé, Dior ) before his desire to work for a smaller company was fulfilled as General Manager of Lunettes Lafont Paris.
He discovered the amazing connections between the work of an architect and humans as well as the technical and fashion components of creative eyewear. In 1995 he asked Nadine Roth to bring their talents together. Pascal supervises the company strategy and directs the design studio. In order to guarantee the highest production standards to the design challenges of the collection he is also very involved in the production and technical aspects of the manufacturing process. Pascal also supervises the company financial and organizational matters.
Nadine Roth , VP, Marketing
Communication and Director of ExportNadine has gained an extensive knowledge of the international optical world through her experiences with various French designers and is recognized as such in many countries. Nadine manages the Marketing and Sales development of FACE à FACE and strongly contributed to its international development. She opened the American subsidiary and manages a team of exclusive salespeople and distributors throughout the world.
As a result of Nadine’s experience and energy, FACE à FACE exports close to 85% of its production in more than 40 countries and is recognized among the most respected brands in Europe, America and Asia. Her sense of fashion trends and product perception brings a very valued input to the brand’s international marketing and communication strategies.
The Face a Face Mission
Far from standardized fashion diktats and conformist trends, each collection asserts its artistic temperament, drawing its inspiration from the sources of Modern Art, architecture and contemporary design. Face à Face frames are developed in Pascal’s design studio, resembling small subtle pieces of architecture, playing with volumes, shapes, material and textures. The frames express themselves through a unique color range which is a true FACE A FACE trademark.
FACE A FACE eyewear will reveal your individual personality and underline the boldness, the modernity, the seduction of an independent, creative object of design.
Why We Love Them
Face a Face’s bold designs and fabulous color choice make them one of our favorite brands. The make stylish frames that are each its own little work of art.
In this week’s edition of Your eye2eye – meet Jovani, one of our talented, hardworking opticians. Jovani will help you select the perfect pair of frames to meet your lifestyle needs.
1. What is your favorite part of your job? Meeting new people daily and working with the talented staff.
2. What do you think sets eye2eye apart? Our unique selection of eyewear and the staff’s extensive knowledge of our products.
3. What is your experience in the eye care/optometry field? I’ve been in optical industry for a little over 13 years now.
4. What is your favorite style/brand/frame? I just got myself a Zero G frame so of course that is my current favorite. Very lightweight, flexible and stylish.
5. Hobbies? What do you do when you are not working? Any free time I have gets spent with my children.
Book an appointment with us today and let Jovani and the rest of our staff take care of your optical needs. To learn more about what makes us an independent optical boutique, read more posts in our Your eye2eye series.
Tis the season of cozy sweaters, colorful scarves, rich leather boots – and today we’re sharing our favorite fall fashion and frames. We collaborated with Kiskadee, a speciality boutique carrying women’s clothing, accessories and more in Del Ray, to put together five fall outfits + frames for you to rock this season.
From the perfect Thanksgiving outfit, to date night digs – these five fall fashion looks are perfect for any occasion. We picked five super stylish frames (all available in the store now) and Kiskadee styled outfits around them. Because eyewear should be a part of your style, not just a bothersome necessity! Find every item featured here at eye2eye and Kiskadee!
5 Fall Fashion Looks + Frames
1. These Kliik frames are made in Denmark and are stylish, unique and comfortable. Paired with a cozy fall sweater, jeans, stylish suede boots and pops of metallic accessories you have an effortlessly cool, casual fall outfit.
2. Go bold with these colorful frames from ProDesign – also designed in Denmark. A trendy frame with a colorful twist! Step into a pair of chic leather ankle pants, a toned-down free-flowing navy top and finish your look with a raw druzy necklace.
3. This fall look is perfect for the office. With the slight cat eye shape and cool green color, these chic Face a Face frames offer a fashionable twist on tradition. Pair with a smart black and white patterned frock, and a Kate Spade to-go coffee tote and you’ll be ready to conquer the board room.
4. Can you say date night? Bold red frames from Jono Hennessy are handmade in Australia. They feature a trendy shape but still offer a classic look. Pair with this seriously saucy LBD (Little Black Dress), gray and black wedges, and simple accessories for a date night winner.
5. These tortoise shell sunglasses are both vintage inspired and offer a totally modern look. Luxe up your look by pairing them with a faux fur scarf, oversized knitted sweater, and chunky gold and tortoise shell bangles.
Everything you see in these five stylish looks is available at eye2eye and Kiskadee! Give your fall fashion a boost with any of these fab looks. Stop in and see us, we’ll help you navigate the world of eyewear and find the pair that is perfect for you.
Kiskadee – 2205 Mt Vernon Ave Alexandria, VA
eye2eye Optometry Corner – 1502 Mt Vernon Ave Alexandria, VA
We talk a lot about our favorite brands of eyewear here on this blog. We often share our favorite styles from each brand – and why those styles are best for certain faces and certain needs.
We want to take you a little deeper into the brands we carry – share their stories, how they started, what goes into the creation of their products and why we carry them.
This week we are sharing the story of bevel – a brand built on the ideas of design and innovation.
Richard Mewha and Rick Nelson founded bevel in 1999. During the 1990s, Richard and Rick were colleagues at the Optical Shop of Aspen (OSA) and began seeking out one anothers’ advice and relying on each other as sounding boards. Their professional friendship seemed unlikely aside from their name, on the surface they appeared to have little in common. Richard, with the easy demeanor of the international traveler, is English, loves living in New York City, and enjoys independent music and film and classic literature. Rick, meanwhile, is a clean-cut all-American, born, raised and still residing in suburban Kansas City, having learned the fundamentals of the eyewear business working behind the counter of his father’s optical shop.
The two recognized their differences would be a strength in establishing a business together. Through his work with OSA and Alain Mikli before that, Richard was confident his modern, minimalist design esthetic would appeal to customers. Both men were determined to create a company that opticians would enjoy dealing with. By establishing the headquarters in Kansas City, rick knew he could find employees with the Midwestern warmth and sensibility to ensure outstanding customer service.
Mission + Commitment
They’re committed to making eyewear as essential to personal style and self-esteem as apparel or cosmetics. After all, while wearing prescription lenses corrects an optical need, it also brings attention to a primary asset: the face. Eyeglasses are universal, not gender specific, easy to maintain, and play a crucial role in our lives and daily discourse.
Bevel doesn’t want to be the coolest or hottest or most recognizable. Instead they’re committed to maintaining a classic but minimalist esthetic, using truly high-quality materials with Japanese production, and constantly seeking innovation so glasses look, fit, and perform better.
Through it all they strive to meet their ultimate goal: to help people feel good about themselves by making them look great.
Why We Love Them
We love bevel because of all the reasons listed above! Their commitment to high-quality materials really shows – but their design is so stylish and appealing to our customers. Our opticians love bevel because of their impeccable style and color options. Every product decision we make is based around what our customers have told us they need or want – and bevel consistently meets the lifestyle needs of our customers.
Brand history, information, and photos courtesy of bevel.
In this week’s edition of Your eye2eye – you’ll meet our staff! In this post, we introduce you to Liz, one of our talented opticians. In our Q&A with Liz, she shares her favorite parts of the job, including fusing fashion and function.
1. What is your favorite part of your job? Combining both fashion and function to a pair of glasses.
2. What do you think sets eye2eye apart? We all work together as a “family” not just employees.
3. What is your experience in the eye care/optometry field? I have been a certified optician for 17 years and I completed the Georgetown University Center for Sight Program.
4. What is your favorite style/brand/frame? A simple yet classically chic tortoise frame that will always be timeless.
5. What are your hobbies? I love to play with my dog and trying to cook without burning the house down. Easy recipes are welcome!
Read more about what makes eye2eye Optometry Corner an independent optical boutique here.
Eye2eye Optometry Corner is hiring!
We are looking for an enthusiastic self starter for our busy eye care office. Duties will include patient intake, telephone reception and general office duties. You will work with a close knit people-oriented team who excel at selecting and prescribing eyewear to meet the lifestyle and optical needs of our customers and patients. Ongoing training provided (and required). We appreciate and reward top performance.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit an application using the link below. You will be able to upload your resume and cover letter using this link, you will also need to complete the assessment following the application.
To apply follow this link: https://www.optimizehire.org/application-page
At this point, you have probably heard about the dangers posed to your eyes by our increased use of computers and smartphones. The damaging effects of blue light, are a real threat in more ways than one.
We have written about this very topic several times on this blog, you can read those posts here.
We have created the simple infographic above to illustrate how digital devices and blue light effect your eyes.
Our increased use of digital devices, means greater exposure to damaging blue light and can also cause digital eye strain – red eyes, dry eyes, blurred vision, fatigued eyes and neck and shoulder pain. But alas, there are options out there to help prevent this exposure to blue light – computer glasses! Specifically designed lenses from BluTech that block out blue light and help reduce eye strain.
Stay tuned for our next post to learn more about BluTech and why we love it so much, you’ll also learn about a patient’s transformation when she switched to BluTech lenses!