In the second installment of our new blog series, Your eye2eye, we chat about why we stock the products we do, and what we hope our community and customers get out of their experience with eye2eye.
Why shop and support an independent eyewear boutique?
As a member and neighbor of our Del Ray community, we know first hand how important it is to this community to support locally owned small businesses like restaurants and retail stores. These small businesses make up the heartbeat of the Avenue, where main street still exists. Here at eye2eye we have gotten to know our customers over the years, we’ve learned what they like, we’ve listened to suggestions about products they need – and we’ve curated our collection of glasses and sunglasses to reflect those needs.
In keeping with the small town tradition of Del Ray, we too, like to do our best to support smaller eyewear manufacturers that carry products in a variety of price points that focus on design aesthetic, quality and attention to detail. Our customers like wearing a unique product that suits their lifestyle needs.
Every product we bring in to our store, we do with full awareness of our community and customers’ needs in mind.
Here are a few of our favorite independent eyewear brands and why we love them.
Face a Face
Face a Face is a French independent eyewear brand. Their designs are incredibly unique and high quality. Our opticians refer to them as “art for your face”.
Bevel is an independent eyewear line that creates classic designs in with modern touches. Their products are high quality and our staff loves them for their color choices!
Lindberg eyewear is at the top of the class for superior comfort and elegance. This independent eyewear line is known for their attention to detail and essential weightlessness.
This independent eyewear line is known for there zero gravity weightlessness, making them one of the most comfortable frames around. They offer high fashion frames crafted for comfort.
Orgreen independent eyewear brand handcrafts artful frames that are trendy and fashionable. These designer frames are made to last.
Blackfin Titanium Eyewear
This independent eyewear brand is indestructible. Besides being unbreakable, they are also incredibly lightweight and super stylish.
We love supporting independent eyewear brands, and we hope you will come see the difference at eye2eye. Click here to make an appointment.
We’d like to introduce you to one of the newest additions to eye2eye’s selection of high quality frames, Blackfin!
Blackfin eyewear is titanium eyewear crafted for style, comfort and wearability. They are designed and produced in Italy and we are so excited to be able to offer these gorgeous frames here in Alexandria.
Here’s a quick rundown of just why we love Blackfin titanium eyewear so much:
1. High Quality Titanium – Made from raw titanium from the best Japanese producers, Blackfin frames are always shaped in Italy. Titanium is as resistant as steel, but 40% lighter. It is a technological material – light-weight, durable, biocompatible, non-toxic and non-allergenic.
2. Ultra Lightweight – Blackfin redefines the concept of lightness and strength. It weighs just 9.5 grams. It is so light and comfortable that it is nearly imperceptible.
3. Handcrafted in Italy – Each pair of Blackfin glasses is entirely designed and manufactured by us in Italy: a strategic choice by Blackfin in order to control all the manufacturing stages, to follow every detail with care, to produce every component in real time, so that our customers become aware of truest meaning of the word “quality”.
4. Bold, Bright Colors & Patterns – Blackfin frames come in a wide variety of bright, bold colors. They also offer truly unique patterns and decorations made with laser technology. These frames are perfect for the style-concious.
5. Ultra Flexible Temple Tips & the Swordfish Temple Tip – Blackfin is the only product on the market that offers temples made from a such a thin (only 5 tenths of a millimetre) and rare sheet of precious Beta Titanium – this makes them incredibly flexible. The patented Swordfish temple-tip is the perfect complement to the ultra-flexible temples in Beta-Titanium. You can manually adjust the length of the temples to the shape of the face – in a few seconds.
6. Non-Allergic & Earth Friendly – Titanium is a completely non-toxic and hypoallergenic material. Just as all the other components of each pair of Blackfin Zero glasses. Blackfin mounts eco-friendly Greenspect nosepads.
These are just a few reasons why we love Blackfin. Come see for yourself why our staff loves them, too! Here’s our staff member Mellanie rocking a pair of red Blackfin frames that she uses for computer work!
Photo credit (top) – Blackfin