We’re celebrating a new style season with $100 off your favorite brands.
Take $100 off your purchase of these brands until 9/27/18 at both eye2eye locations.
We’re making room for lots of new styles this fall. Happy Shopping!
Y’all. We want to see your style! We know you love your eye2eye eyewear, you rock it every day. Sunglasses, frames, we want to see how you style your eye2eye looks.
Share your favorite outfits on Instagram, tag us in your photo and use #myeye2eye. We’ll feature you on our Instagram feed and our website.
Here’s a few of our favorite #myeye2eye looks.
August has arrived and with it, back to school shopping lists. One of the most important things you can add to your back to school to-do list is a comprehensive eye exam for the kids, and for yourself.
For many folks, a physical exam is required before school starts. Your family doctor may do a vision screening, but that is not sufficient to asses your child’s near vision as screenings typically only asses distance vision.
Kids spend a lot of their time looking at near objects like textbooks, iPads, and laptops. Near vision struggles can make kids uncomfortable staying focused on near sight required tasks – this can result in a decreased desire to read, poor handwriting skills and trouble focusing.
A comprehensive eye exam done by your family’s eye doctor will help to make sure your child has sufficient near vision and isn’t struggling. And your eye doctor will also be able to identify other vision problems that may impede learning.
To schedule an appointment for a back to school eye exam for your child, click here.
In celebration of National Sunglasses Day June 27th, we’re sharing all the facts you need to know about your sunglasses as a health necessity. Take a look at this infographic from The Vision Council, you’ll learn fast facts about how important your sunglasses are for preventing vision loss and eye diseases.
Don’t miss the biggest sale of the year at eye2eye! You’ll save 50% off ALL frames + sunglasses, cannot be combined with insurance or other offers, excludes Maui Jim eyewear.
Thursday June 21st 5pm-7pm
Hilltop & Del Ray locations
Summer fun has arrived – that means swimming, hiking and other outdoor fun! Keeping your eyes safe during summer activities is easy with Dr. A’s simple tips. Got bug spray in your eye? Not sure if your sunglasses are protecting you properly? Read on for answers.
- Be careful when spraying bug spray. If bug spray gets in your eyes, be sure to flush them completely with water and call your eye doctor right away.
- Always wear sunglasses that have 100% UVA & UVB protection, we’ll be covering this topic more in the coming weeks. If you aren’t sure if your sunglasses offer 100% protection, stop in and we’ll test them for free.
- Wear sunscreen around the eye area to protect your eyelids from burning. Also, wear sunglasses!
- Chlorine from swimming pools can cause a chemical burn in your eyes. Use preservative free artificial tears to flush out your eyes after exposure, and be sure to rinse off after pool time.
- Contact lens wearers should be especially careful not to open their eyes underwater in a pool or other water area. River & lake water carry a variety of microorganisms, the most damaging called acanthamoeba. This organism has the ability to attach to your contact lens and as a result cause the cornea to become infected. Scarring can occur if the eye is not treated.
Have a safe and FUN summer by following Dr. A’s summer eye safety tips!
It’s time for eye2eye’s annual summer sale! This is the perfect opportunity to save on your favorite frames. Here’s the skinny on the sale:
When: Thursday June 21st 5pm-7pm
Where: eye2eye Hilltop & Del Ray locations
What: Save 50% off ALL frames (glasses and sunglasses)*
Who: Everybody can save!
*Restrictions do apply, offer cannot be combined with insurance benefits or any other offer, excludes Maui Jim eyewear.
Stay tuned for details!
Can you believe Memorial Day is almost here? That means summer fun has arrived – splashing in pools, sand castles at the beach, hikes, bikes and more! There is no better time than now to make sure your kiddos have proper UV protection for all their summer activities.
We carry a great selection of sunglasses for your little ones – and your teens too!
Because Ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun can potentially cause multiple age-related eye problems like cataracts and macular degeneration, protecting your kids eyes is vital to their long term eye health. The more exposure to the sun’s harmful UV rays during your lifetime, the more at risk you are to develop sight-threatening conditions.
Since children tend to spend lots of time outdoors, especially in the harsh summer sun – some experts say nearly half of a person’s lifetime exposure to ultraviolet radiation can take place by age 18. Children are also more susceptible to retinal damage from UV rays because the lens inside a child’s eye is clearer than an adult lens, enabling more UV to penetrate deep into the eye (source).
Here are 5 important things to consider when purchasing sunglasses for your children:
1. Be sure the lenses are impact resistant & the frames made of “unbreakable” material.
2. Pick a large, close-fitting frame. These are best to help protect children’s eyes during play.
3. It is most important that your child wear sunglasses between 10am-2pm, when the suns rays are the strongest.
4. Beware of cheap sunglasses. They can pose safety hazards when made of cheap materials and low quality paints.
5. Know the percentage of UVA & UVB rays being block by the sun – be wary of the phrase “blocks UV rays”. You want a lens that blocks out 100% of UVA & UVB rays.
All of our children’s sunglasses here at eye2eye are high quality and block 100% of UVA & UVB rays. Bring your kiddos in today for a sunglass fitting and let us help you make sure their vision is healthy for years to come!
Dr. Adamopoulos sat down and shared five important things you need to know about the sun and your eyes this summer.
Catch her UV safety tips, how to prevent skin cancer and how to keep the kids safe from the sun below. These tips will help your have a healthy, happy and fun summer.
We’re excited to announce a fantastic offer from TLC Vision for our first responders and military.
TLC is offering $800 off LASIK for first responders and military who complete their surgery by June 30th, 2018.
To take advantage of this offer, call 703-556-9155 or visit TLCvision.com.
Here at eye2eye we’re a TLC affiliated doctor, we’ll help you determine if you are a candidate and handle all of your post op care and appointments. If you’re interested in LASIK surgery but have questions, make an appointment and let’s chat.