Save Your Vision Month
March is National Save Your Vision Month. Sponsored by Optometry Cares, a foundation run by the American Optometric Association. In honor of this month dedicated to raising awareness about how to practice healthy vision habits - we thought we would roundup some our best advice from Dr. A to help you maintain healthy vision through all stages of life.
1. InfantSee - This program at eye2eye provides free vision screenings for infants. Learn more about what to look out for in each month of your child's first year of life regarding vision development, click here to see more.
2. Kids' Vision & Better Grades - In this blog post, we discuss what to look out for with your child's vision once they reach school age, when to schedule their first full eye exam and more.
3. Sun Safety Tips for Kids & Teens - In this blog post, you'll learn how to protect your child's eyes from UV damage. Also check out this post about how to select the best pair of sunglasses for your child.
4. UV Damage in the Winter Months - This post delves into the risks of not using proper UV protection in the winter months, as well as why its just as important to rock shades in the winter as it is the summer.
5. Family History & Preventative Care - Learn about why it's important to know your family history as it relates to vision health.
6. Five Easy Steps to Healthier Vision - Need a quick go-to guide for easy ways to support healthy vision? This post has 5 easy tips.
7. Summer Safety Tips - Learn about UV protection in the summer months and why it's so important to have a good pair of sunglasses.
8. Eat For Eye Health - This post covers delicious ways to support eye health - eye-friendly foods!
9. Ease Dry Eyes - Dry eyes can be uncomfortable & lead to vision issues, learn how to ease them here.
10. Glaucoma Risk - Learn if you are in a high risk category for glaucoma.
11. A 21st Century Issue: Digital Eye Strain - With the mobile technology becoming an ever-increasing part of our lives, risks to your vision and overall health are posed. Learn about digital eye strain in this post as well as this one.
12. Computer Glasses - Protect your eyes while logging hours in front of your computer.
13. What's in an Eye Exam? - This post is possibly the most important of all - learn what goes into a comprehensive eye exam and why they are crucial to healthy vision.
14. Macular Degeneration Testing - We now offer cutting edge testing that allows us to establish your baseline risk for macular degeneration. Learn more here.
To make an appointment to visit Dr. A or Dr. Doan, please click here.