In celebration of the last day of Fashion Week in New York, we pulled together our favorite trends for sunglasses in 2018. We’re seeing lots of bold shapes and colors, pushing the envelope on more traditional styles. In contrast, we do see lots of classic shapes making a comeback, like round sunglasses and wire frame eyewear. Keep scrolling to see our top 4 trends in sunglasses this year.
Rose gold, gold, millenial pink – we’re seeing it all. See the world through rose colored glasses with perfectly tinted frames.
Highly Reflective Lenses
Our Tom Ford sunglasses feature uber reflective lenses but look so chic on.
Bold Colors + Geometric
We love these frames from Prada, they feature bold color choices and design.
We’re loving the bold structures we’re seeing in sunglasses this year. They make a statement.
Love what you see? Come see us at our Hilltop or Del Ray locations and our expert opticians will get you outfitted in the season’s latest styles.
The Alexandria Boutique Warehouse Sale is this Saturday 2/3 from 9am-4pm at the Alexandria Westin. The best boutiques in Alexandria will be there for the biggest shopping event of the season, to see a full list of all the shops in attendance click here. We’ll have the latest styles in sunglasses from all of your favorite designer brands, so come early and shop often.
There will be yoga and pilates classes in the morning by Mind The Mat, a braid and glitter bar, and a Valentine’s Day DIY by AR Workshop!
This sale draws a lot of folks, so we’ve compiled a list of tried and true tips to help you get the most out of the sale.
- Can I use my FSA or HSA to purchase sunglasses? YES! You absolutely can, and we can even provide a receipt for you.
- Are the sunglasses several seasons old? Nope! These are spring season sunglasses that were just released – you’re getting the newest styles from your favorite designer brands like Prada, Gucci, Kate Spade, Tom Ford, Face a Face, Jimmy Choo and more.
- What time does the sale start? 9am sharp! But we suggest lining up early so that you can get the good stuff. There is great inventory available all day long & the crowd is controlled at the door – so it’s never too many people & stays an enjoyable shopping experience.
- What other stores are participating? All of your favorite Alexandria boutiques – you can click here to get a full list.
- Where can we park? Parking is available at the Westin, in the The United States Patent and Trademark Office West garage at 550 Elizabeth Lane, Alexandria, Virginia
(Open at 24 hours/Rate $5)
Catch the FREE shuttle from King Street Metro.
Limited street parking available.
- Can I try on clothes and sunglasses? YES! If you plan to try on clothing, we suggest wearing leggings and a tight fitting top so you can just slip clothes on and off over them and not have to go full monty. You’ll absolutely be able to try on sunglasses and we’ll have mirrors available so you can see how fab you look.
Now, onto the good stuff. Below are a few of our favorite sunglasses we’ll have at the sale. Seriously we’ll have every. Single. Designer. Brand. You could ever dream of shopping.