Happy Labor Day Weekend! Enjoy the last “unofficial” weekend of summer! Seems like this is the weekend we all squeeze in our last summer activities before kids go back to school and fall begins to arrive.
Here are a few of our favorite sunglass lines for this Labor Day weekend – rock any of these and you’ll be sending summer off in style.
Colorful & classic, Ray-Bans are uber cool and ultra recognizable. Rock a pair of these and you’ll be stylish in an American classic.
Marc by Marc Jacobs:
Chic, bold and stylish – Marc by Marc Jacobs are sure to complete any style savvy Labor Day outfit.
Costa sunglasses are optimized for sport. Wear them for fishing or watersports and you’ll have ultimate protection as well as performance.
Cutting edge technology, comfort and performance are the name of Rudy Project’s game. These sunglasses are built for cycling – and loads of other outdoor sports.
We hope you have a safe & happy Labor Day! Don’t forget, no matter which brand your sunglasses, that you are wearing them this weekend and protecting your eyes from damaging UV rays.
Daily use contact lenses offer many solutions to those who wear contact lenses and glasses alike. Many contact lens wearers prefer to wear daily use contact lenses because they are convenient, affordable, simple and healthy. But if you are glasses-wearer who occasionally may not want to wear glasses for travel, sports or a special occasion – daily use contact lenses are the perfect solution.
If you are interested in daily use contact lenses – schedule an appointment! We have lenses in stock and will teach you how to put them in and take them out of your eye. You will go home with samples to try out in the real world – you know, with kids bugging you for breakfast and rushing out the door for work – to make sure contact lenses are right for you.
When you return for your follow up appointment, we will review how your experience with contact lenses went and evaluate whether you want to move forward. If you decide daily use lenses are for you – we’ll send you home with a fresh supply of contact lenses!
A few benefits of daily use contact lenses:
– No need for cleaning (but you still have to clean your case)
– Toss them out every night – don’t sleep in them – and put a fresh pair in each morning
– More hygienic because deposits are not building up on lens over time
Convenient, affordable, simple and healthy – what more could you ask for?
Here at eye2eye we talk a lot of the importance of comprehensive eye exams – we decided we would walk you through what exactly a comprehensive eye exam looks like in our practice.
1. After scheduling your appointment and submitting all your paperwork (which you can find here) you will arrive for your appointment. Our friendly and professional staff will greet you and make sure everything is in order. Please be sure to bring your current glasses and sunglasses to your appointment.
2. Your exam will start with preliminary testing – done in our office by a skilled technician. These tests include:
– Taking measurements of your eye’s focusing ability.
– Taking measurements of the front surface of the eye to determine if there is any astigmatism.
– You will undergo a visual field screening to determine any defect in your peripheral vision.
– You will then undergo macula pigment testing – a brand new, cutting edge test – that will determine your risk for macular degeneration. To read more about this testing – click here.
3. The doctor will then read over your chart, using the data from your tests to begin your exam.
4. Once you are with the doctor, a thorough ocular and medical history will be taken – be sure to mention any concerns with your family history as well. The doctor will address any new or old visual complaints.
5. The doctor will then test the eyes for distance, near and computer distances to determine your ability to see and how they work together.
6. The doctor then examines the exterior and interior portions of the eye looking for any abnormalities.
7. Any additional issues like dry eyes, allergies, styes, conjunctivitis, cataracts, macular degeneration, diabetes and uncontrolled blood pressure are reviewed and discussed as these can all effect overall eye and vision health.
8. Based on the findings of your appointment the doctor will write a prescription if needed and recommend a return appointment.
We hope this helps you understand the flow of a comprehensive eye exam and all that it entails. Exams help to maintain eye health and monitor any long term problems. Ready for your appointment? Schedule one here!
We’d like to introduce you to one of the newest additions to eye2eye’s selection of high quality frames, Blackfin!
Blackfin eyewear is titanium eyewear crafted for style, comfort and wearability. They are designed and produced in Italy and we are so excited to be able to offer these gorgeous frames here in Alexandria.
Here’s a quick rundown of just why we love Blackfin titanium eyewear so much:
1. High Quality Titanium – Made from raw titanium from the best Japanese producers, Blackfin frames are always shaped in Italy. Titanium is as resistant as steel, but 40% lighter. It is a technological material – light-weight, durable, biocompatible, non-toxic and non-allergenic.
2. Ultra Lightweight – Blackfin redefines the concept of lightness and strength. It weighs just 9.5 grams. It is so light and comfortable that it is nearly imperceptible.
3. Handcrafted in Italy – Each pair of Blackfin glasses is entirely designed and manufactured by us in Italy: a strategic choice by Blackfin in order to control all the manufacturing stages, to follow every detail with care, to produce every component in real time, so that our customers become aware of truest meaning of the word “quality”.
4. Bold, Bright Colors & Patterns – Blackfin frames come in a wide variety of bright, bold colors. They also offer truly unique patterns and decorations made with laser technology. These frames are perfect for the style-concious.
5. Ultra Flexible Temple Tips & the Swordfish Temple Tip – Blackfin is the only product on the market that offers temples made from a such a thin (only 5 tenths of a millimetre) and rare sheet of precious Beta Titanium – this makes them incredibly flexible. The patented Swordfish temple-tip is the perfect complement to the ultra-flexible temples in Beta-Titanium. You can manually adjust the length of the temples to the shape of the face – in a few seconds.
6. Non-Allergic & Earth Friendly – Titanium is a completely non-toxic and hypoallergenic material. Just as all the other components of each pair of Blackfin Zero glasses. Blackfin mounts eco-friendly Greenspect nosepads.
These are just a few reasons why we love Blackfin. Come see for yourself why our staff loves them, too! Here’s our staff member Mellanie rocking a pair of red Blackfin frames that she uses for computer work!
Photo credit (top) – Blackfin
Air Optix Colors contact lenses are the newest addition to the Air Optix family of breathable contact lenses that lets you focus on your life, not your contact lenses. They provide stunning eye color and outstanding comfort. And their monthly replacement schedule is easy to remember.
Colors contact lenses are designed to enhance dark or light eyes, with a completely natural effect and can be prescribed with or without vision correction. They are made with a unique, smooth surface and feature a technology that combines 3 colors in 1 to blend naturally with the color of your eye, so you can experience a new look that can be subtle or vibrant.
Air Optix Colors are available in 9 beautiful colors designed to enhance dark or light eyes, with a completely natural effect, whether or not you are in need of vision correction.
Contact lenses are medical devices that should be fitted by a licensed eye care professional, even for people who do not need vision correction and you will need a prescription to obtain Air Optix Colors.
If you are interested in making the switch to Air Optix Colors – schedule an appointment for a contact lens fitting here.
In this new three part series on the blog, every Monday we’ll share three great foods for feeding for your vision.
This week – its leafy greens, nuts and oranges. YUM! With the start of the school year right around the corner, these are power snacks and foods that help boost vision in many ways.
From protecting your vision against debilitating diseases and boosting your eyesight – your diet plays a huge role in the health of your vision.
Heading back to college this fall? Or off to college for the first time? These stylish frames from Eco by Modo and Prodesign are sure to set you up for collegiate success.
Eco frames are 100% earth-friendly and made from recycled materials – perfect for the earth-friendly college student.
Prodesign frames are crafted in Denmark with super chic style in mind.
From Juicy Couture frames to Ray-Ban frames – we have the hottest frames for teens girls (and guys, you’ll see those next week). Make a splash this school year with glasses that not only make a statement – but help you see better!
To schedule a back to school eye exam, click here!
With brains on back to school, we’ve covered the importance of back to school eye exams – its not too late to schedule one!
If your child currently wears glasses or needs to start wearing them – we’d love to introduce you to an eyewear brand perfect for kiddos, Menizzi. Menizzi frames are crafted in Italy specifically for children, teens and petite faces. Because they specialize in creating smaller frames, Menizzi offers a wide selection of colors and styles.
Menizzi frames are super kid friendly! They bend all the way open so your kids can’t break them by opening them too wide – they also won’t lose their fit. Menizzi’s frames are kid proof – they are durable and hard to break.
The best news? We just got a new shipment of Menizzi frames for kids in the store, make an appointment to get your child fitted for a fresh new pair of back to school glasses.
Let’s break this one down – this is a lens that everyone needs. We recommend it to each and every patient that comes through our practice. Its kind of the miracle worker of lenses – making your lenses scratch-proof, easier to clean and offering complete UV protection while reducing glare.
We are talking about the Crizal Avance UV No Glare with Scotchguard lenses!
Benefits of Crizal Avance Lenses:
– Dust-Resitant (repels dust!)
– Stays cleaner longer
– Reduces glare
– Complete daily UV protection (Eye-sun protection factor of 25)
– Crisper, clearer vision
These benefits are ideal for busy families, busy Moms, Dads, professionals, teenagers – literally everyone in your family. When your little one grabs your glasses off your face and tosses them on the floor – you don’t have to worry about scratching.
Because of the cutting edge glare-reducing technology, you will experience fewer headaches and less tired eyes when working on the computer or watching TV. And the eye sun protection factor means total protection for long term eye health.
Let’s get your glasses protected with this cutting edge technology, make an appointment to learn more!